|6. Teaching experience and statistical software:|
Econometrics and statistics courses; Econometrics using Stata and SPSS.
Stata, SPSS, CsPro (software package for entering, editing, tabulating and mapping census and survey data), R-Programming, Ms Office (Word, Excel, Access).
- 7. Other Training:
23rd – 27th July 2012: Recent Advances in the Field of Trade Theory and Policy Analysis Using Micro-Level Data, Organized by ARTNeT, UNESCAP and IDRC in Bangkok, Thailand.
21st – 28th February, 2011: Research Methodology and Advanced econometrics, MUTRAP III Project, Foreign Trade University (FTU).
September 2010 – March 2011: Microeconomics I, II and Macroeconomics I, II courses at Foreign Trade University.
February 2009: Survey methodology and sampling methods, DEPOCEN.
June 2007: Networking Event and Training on Labour Market, Trade, Poverty and Migration – VERN, IDRC.
April 2007: Data Workshop (analysis data in STATA), VERN – IDRC.
- Publications and working papers
- Vu Hoang Nam and Doan Quang Hung (2013), “Innovation and Performance of Enterprises: The Case of SMEs in Vietnam”. Under-review.
- Vu Thi Hanh and Doan Quang Hung (2013), “Vietnamese Rice Exports: Do
Large Destination Markets Stimulate?” Under-review
- Dao Ngoc Tien, Doan Quang Hung, Ngoc Be, and Do Trung Kien (2013), “MoneyMinded in Vietnam – Impact Report 2012”, Prepared for ANZ bank in Vietnam.
- Doan Quang Hung and Nguyen Ngoc Anh (2013), “Intergenerational income mobility in Vietnam”, Working papers in DEPOCEN (Revising).
- Doan Quang Hung and Vu Hoang Nam (2013), “Networks of Enterprises and
Innovations: Evidence from SMEs in Vietnam”. (Revising).
- Nguyen Ngoc Anh, Nguyen Dinh Chuc, and Doan Quang Hung (2013), “Public Service Delivery in Vietnam: Unofficial Payments, Utilization and Satisfaction”, Working paper, UNDP in Vietnam (First draft).
- Doan Quang Hung, Nguyen Tran Ngoc Minh and Nguyen Ngoc Son (2013), “Firm Size, Firm Type and Technical Efficiency: the Evidence from Vietnamese Manufacturing Enterprises” External Economics Review (forthcoming).
- Dao Ngoc Tien, Hoang Van Cuong and Doan Quang Hung (2012),
“Determinants to the exports of handicraft products – the case of Hanoi in
2005 – 2009”, External Economics Review, Volume 53, 17-26. (In Vietnam) .
- Nguyen Ngoc Anh, Nguyen Dinh Chuc and Doan Quang Hung (2011), “Employment Trend in Viet Nam In The Context of Transition to Higher- Value Economy”, Prepared for the World Bank.
- Nguyen Ngoc Anh, Nguyen Dinh Chuc and Doan Quang Hung (2011),
“Vietnam Poverty Baseline Analysis” Prepared for the International Fund for
Agriculture Development (IFAD).
- Doan Quang Hung (2011), “Impact Of The Global Economic Crisis On Employees In The Vietnam Automobile Industry”, External Economics Review, Volume 48, 82-86. (In Vietnam).
- Vu Hoang Nam, Dao Ngoc Tien, Nguyen Thi Bich Ha, Doan Quang Hung (2011), “Inter-enterprise networks and Efforts to carry out schumpeterian innovations: The case of manufacturing enterprises in Hanoi”, Vietnam Economic Management Review, Volume 6, 42-50. (In English)
- Nguyen Hoang Anh, Doan Quang Hung (2011), “Impact of Global Economic Crisis on International Trade of Enterprises in Hanoi”, Research Project (In Vietnamese).
- Dao Ngoc Tien, Doan Quang Hung (2010), “The situation of joint training
programmes with foreign institutions in Vietnam”, External Economics
Review, Volume 45, 42-51 (In Vietnamese).
- Nguyen Ngoc Anh, Nguyen Duc Nhat, Nguyen Thi An, Doan Quang Hung, Tran Thanh Thuy (2009), “Report on the Survey of Citizens and Civil Organizations’ Information Access Situation and Needs in Vietnam” People’s Participation Working Group and DEPOCEN. Report on World Bank in Vietnam (In English).
- Nguyen Ngoc Anh, Nguyen Duc Nhat, Nguyen Dinh Chuc, Doan Quang Hung, Vu Thi Van Anh and Nguyen Thanh Phuong (2009), “Vietnam Labour Market Analysis with an Emphasis on Hai Phong and Ho Chi Minh City”, Prepared for Chemonics.
|12.Detailed Tasks Assigned|
|Name of assignment/project: Inclusive growth through Decent Work: Modeling the Determinants of Job Satisfaction.
Location: Vietnam Client: MERN, IDRC Positions held: Researcher
Activities performed: we model worker’s job satisfaction as a function of (i) earning (both direct and relative earnings); (ii) worker’s characteristics and (iii) firm’s characteristics, including working conditions. By explicitly including a number of firm level information into worker’s satisfaction function we could assess directly some dimensions of decent job as identified by ILO such as adequate earnings, decent hours, labor standard, rights at work and a number of human resource practices and policies. In addition, this survey also covers both FDI firms and non-FDI firms. By doing so, we expect to get further insights into the workers’ welfare and firm’s human resource policies and practices. The study will provide important policy implications for both the government and the international organizations.
|Name of assignment/project: Research on the current financing mechanism of higher education sector in Vietnam
Client: World Bank/HEP2
Positions held: Researcher
Activities performed: developing indicators; designing questionnaire for universities, students and lecturers; managing survey (150 public universities;
1000 students, 300 lecturers); data analysis and report writing.
|Name of assignment/project: Training and implementing Baseline Survey for Agriculture, Farmer and Rural Development Support Project (Tam Nong Support Project) in Tuyen Quang, Ninh Thuan and Gia Lai.
Location: Tuyen Quang, Ninh Thuan, Gia Lai
Client: IFAD; Ninh Thuan Tam Nong Support Project and Gia Lai Tam Nong
Positions held: Researcher/Supervisor
Activities performed: designing the questionnaire and survey; training on M&E tools; training and supervising the implementation of baseline survey in Tuyen Quang, Ninh Thuan, Gia Lai (1200 households at each province, included treatment group and control group).
|Name of assignment or project: Impact of Global Economic Crisis on
International Trade of Enterprises in Hanoi
Year: 2010 – June 2011
Location: Hanoi, Viet Nam
Main project features: Design questionnaire; Sample villages; collect data; entry data; analysis data and write working papers.
Positions held: Researcher
Activities performed: Mange a survey team that collect data; control data entry process; analysis data and writing report.
|Name of assignment or project: Sustainable development of village-based industrial clusters in the Northern Delta region, Vietnam
Year: June 2010 – September 2010
Location: Hanoi, Hatay, Bacninh, Ninhbinh, Thaibinh, Viet Nam
Main project features: Design questionnaire; collect data; entry data; analysis data and write working papers.
Positions held: Coordinator/ researcher
Activities performed: Mange a survey team that collect data; control data entry process and analysis data.
|Name of assignment or project: “Data input and management with CSPro; Introduction to STATA; Intermediate STATA; Introduction to SPSS and Fundamental Statistics” – DEPOCEN
Year: 2008 – March 2010
Location: DEPOCEN, Viet Nam
Main project features:
Positions held: Lecturer
Activities performed: Train on Fundamental statistics; Data input and management with CsPro, Econometrics using STATA and SPSS
|Name of assignment or project: Law on Access to Information Baseline Survey.
Year: August 2009 – November 2009
Location: Hanoi, Quangbinh, Ninhthuan, Angiang Vietnam
Client: World Bank, Oxfam British, ActionAid, DED (PPWG)
Main project features: Survey citizens; CSO; CBO on knowledge level of “Law on Access to Information” at provinces
Positions held: Supervisor/ Data analyst/ Sampling in STATA (Dofile)/ Data entry management
Activities performed: Designing the research frame and toolkits, designing questionnaires, designing data entry form and conducting data entry, data analysis and writing reports.
|Name of assignment or project: Labor market analysis for recovering drug users in Hai Phong and Ho Chi Minh city|
|Year: July 2009 – December 2009
Location: Hanoi, Hochiminh City, Vietnam
Client: FHI, USAID, Chemonics
Main project features: First, to collect and analyze information and data from various actors in the labor market, namely the employers on the demand side and the employees on the supply side. Secondly, the labor market analysis for this purpose will have to address the specificities and particulars of a special group; that is the recovering drug users. Thirdly, the labor market analysis will not only have to investigate the capability of vocational training institutions and the situation vocational training and job creation in general but also the capability of vocational training institutions and the situation vocational training and job creation for the recovering drug users in particular.
Second Data: the Vietnam Enterprise Census (2000 – 2007), the Small and Medium Enterprise Survey (SME 2002-2005-2007), the Vietnam Living Standard Survey (VHLSS 1993, 1997, 2002, 2004, 2006).
Positions held: Data analyst
Activities performed: Designing the research frame and toolkits, forecasting the labor market by 2-digit sector, conducting pilot survey, conducting the fieldwork, designing data entry form and conducting data entry, data analysis and writing reports.
|Name of assignment or project: Market study – solar water heater in Vietnam
Year: December 2008 – March 2009
Location: Hanoi, Hochiminh City, Vietnam
Client: Copper Development Center (Singapore)
Main project features: Designing the research frame, Overall supervising sampling and fieldwork, analyzing data on solar water heater demand and writing report
Positions held: Surveyor/ Data analyst/ Data entry management
Activities performed: Designing the research frame and toolkits, conducting pilot survey, conducting the fieldwork, designing data entry form and conducting data entry, data analysis and writing reports.
|Name of assignment or project: Vietnam Tax administration Baseline surveys
(including taxpayer and taxstaff surveys), Project funded by the World Bank(WB)
Year: July 2007-July 2008
Location: Hanoi, Hochiminhcity, DaNang, HaiPhong, LaoCai, BacNinh, QuangBinh, Hue, Quang Nam, CanTho, HauGiang, BenTre, Vietnam
Client: General Department of Taxation (GDT), Ministry of Finance
Main project features: Conducting survey and analysis on tax compliance cost of taxpayers, the performance and integrity of tax administration system etc…
Positions held: Sampling/ Data analyst/supervisor/ Data entry management
Activities performed: fieldwork supervision, literature review, tax process mapping, questionnaire design, training, data analysis, writing report.
|Name of assignment or project: “Toan dan doan ket xay dung doi song van hoa khu dan cu”|
|Year: August 2008
Location: Langson, Thanhhoa, Thaibinh – Vietnam
Client: Vietnam Fatherland Front
Main project features:
Positions held: Data analyst/ Data entry management
Activities performed: Questionnaire design, survey, data entry, design and build a Data Entry Form in CsPro, analysis data in SPSS, and write report
|Name of assignment or project: Stock investors satisfaction survey and analysis. The project is funded by DEPOCEN
Year: 2007 and 2008
Location: Hanoi and Hochiminh city, Vietnam
Main project features: Investor satisfaction survey and case studies of all securities firms
Positions held: Surveyor and Data analyst
Activities performed: General supervision, questionnaire design, data analysis.
|Name of assignment or project: Vietnam accession to WTO: analysis on impact on key sectors– Joint project by VCCI-DEPOCEN
Location: Viet Nam
Main project features: analysis on impact of WTO accession on key sectors of
Positions held: Data analyst (write dofile in STATA)
Activities performed: Literature review and analysis
|Name of assignment or project: Integrated Community Development project
Location: An Phu, Hatay,Vietnam
Client: Caritas, Switzerland
Main project features: Rural Marketing, ICT for development and business
Positions held: Consultant
Activities performed: Survey supervision, writing report, planning for project phase II